Sharing Content with Patients: Creating, Editing, and Sharing Orders
Note: This article is intended for Clinician Users.
An order represents a selection of resources from our Content Library that a clinician prescribes for a specific patient's use. The output of an order includes a patient code, which patients use to access their resources.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Creating an Order
- Visit https://my.acpdecisions.org and sign in with your username and password.
- Locate the content you want to share.
- Choose Rx for each content piece you want to share.After clicking Rx, the button will change colors, from green to red, and will say Prescribed.
- Click the Complete Order button to be taken to the Order Confirmation page.
- You have successfully created an order and a patient code!
Editing an Order
Clinicians have the ability to edit any order at any time.
2. Select the order you would like to edit by clicking on its order number.
3. The order details will appear on the right-hand of your screen. Select "Edit Order".
5. Once you are satisfied with your order, select "Update Order."
6. You will return to the Orders tab with the following confirmation: "Your order has been successfully updated!"
To Add Content
1. Use the "Rx" button to select a new content piece to add to your order.
To Remove Content
Option #1: From Your Order
1. Select the eye icon beside the content piece you would like to remove from your order.
2. The icon will now have a slash through it. This indicates that the item has been removed;
Option #2: From the Content Library
1. Select the "Prescribed" button beside the content piece you would like to remove from your order.
2. The button will change back to "Rx". This indicates that the item has been removed.
Options for Sharing Codes
Codes can be shared with patients in several ways. From the Order Confirmation page, you have the following options:
Option #1: Share the Code As Is
Your patient can enter their code on https://my.acpdecisions.org/ or http://mycode.today. They'll be taken to the standard agreement screen that, once they click through, will allow them to access their resources. (This is the same agreement screen all users see before viewing any resources in the Content Library.)
Option #2: Copy Link
Clicking this button copies a special link onto your clipboard that has your patient's code embedded into it. That means when your patient uses this link, they won't have to enter their code at all - instead they'll be taken straight to the agreement screen.
Feel free to paste this link straight into an EHR, email, or SMS.
Note: If you want to use the code while the patient is with you, you will need to sign out of your clinician account or use a different browser in order to use this link.
Option #3: Copy Patient Instructions
Clicking this button copies instructions to your clipboard for your patient on how to access their content. These instructions will include the patient code.
Feel free to paste these instructions straight into an EHR, email, or SMS.
Option #4: Print Directions
This button will cause a new tab opens. Print this screen (or save it as a PDF) to share these directions with your patient. Note that the blue live links on this page have the patient's code embedded in them. The patient simply has to click on the link to be taken to their resources.
Option #5: Additional Sharing Options from iOS Devices
Please visit Sharing Patient Codes via Email or Text on iOS Devices.