July 2020 Release Notes
Hoping that that you and yours are still able to stay safe as the summer days fly by. We've kept ourselves busy this past July -- here's what we've been up to!
New in the Content Library
We've developed 15 new pieces of content, primarily in English and Spanish. Check them out below.
- COVID-19 for Pre-Teens and Teens (Extended)
- Flu Vaccine for Adults (Extended) in Spanish
- Pneumonia Vaccine for Adults in Spanish
- Caregiver Academy: Caring for Patients with Advanced Dementia at a SNF or Hospital
- Caregiver Academy: Decisions About Breathing and Feeding Tubes (PDF)
- Caregiver Academy: Decisions About Breathing and Feeding Tubes in Spanish
- Caregiver Academy: Depression in Older Adults
- Caregiver Academy: How to be a Health Care Proxy (PDF)
- Creating a Legacy
- Goals of Care: Family Meetings in the ICU (Handout) (PDF)
- Goals of Care: General Overview (California) (Handout - Large Text) (PDF)
- Shingles Vaccine for Adults in Spanish
- Intubation and Breathing Machines: A Closer Look for People Age 65 and Over
- Intubation and Breathing Machines: A Closer Look for People Age 65 and Over in Spanish (PDF)
- Exploring Advance Care Planning in Young Adults: Serious Illness (PDF)
New on the Blog
(1 min read, intro)
Have you read our most recent white paper?
"In Building a Comprehensive Kidney Care Model, we examine current issues surrounding the care and treatment options for patients with advanced renal disease and explore the underutilization of medical management without dialysis. The White Paper also includes a checklist for initiating a new care delivery model that includes medical management without dialysis."
(4 min read)
Check it out!
"Prior to the pandemic, adoption of telehealth technologies had been sluggish...Within weeks, there was as much as a ten-fold increase in telemedicine consultations.
"Advance care planning (ACP) and goals-of-care conversations have emerged as crucial health services that should be prioritized and can be provided virtually."
Technology Platform Updates
In July, we released an update to the ACP Tools iOS App (Version 2.3.3). The latest version:
- Fixes an issue where you might be signed out prematurely
- Allows order history to load more quickly
- Includes (even more!) accessibility improvements, including but not limited to: contrast improvements, addition of skip links, and addition focusable elements; and
- For iPad, shows recently confirmed orders immediately in the order history
That's all for now! Take care and stay tuned for next month's updates.
- The ACP Decisions Team